Translate

10 August, 2015

Sickness = blah

About 6 weeks ago I came down with a nasty bug - it was a sick as I've ever been. Let's just say that I was not a happy camper.

It started when we were up at Torch, I started feeling a little achy and I got what I thought was a migraine. Sort of wiped me out, but I continued on. Came home on Monday - as those of you with little ones know that a 250 mile trip can take most of the day. Got home, went to get the new BBQ place on Woodward (Meh) for dinner as neither of us felt like cooking. Food was so-so, but I ate it.
The next day at work was feeling achy all over (especially in the back and head) which soon progressed into a sharp pain above my eyes. Well I puked just after lunch and felt better enough to finish the day out.
I get home and decide to take a nap. First I take my temp - 100.9, a bit high, but nothing to be worried about (AH HA - sinus infection I think and take a couple of Motrin). Head upstairs and crawl into bed, start shivering + sweating, during a very disturbed sleep - wake up an hour later and stumble downstairs - take my temp 101.5 slightly more disturbing, so I decide to head up to the after-hour's care at Beaumont. They took a quick look-see at me and a shunt me off to Emergency, 'cause, "damn man, you are really sick."
After getting into the E, and a couple of hours sitting around, IV attached and some fun drugs pumped into the system here comes the fun the first of two Spinal Taps...

TL;DR - Meningitis.

No comments:

Blog Archive