Translate

15 April, 2007

Friends and other friends

I was supposed to play D&D on Friday, but I had forgot to tell the guys that I was also asked to a Poker party. I usually blow off the Friday night poker parties, unless I am told that I have to be there by my wife or something like that. Don't get me wrong I love poker, it is a great game and playing it with friends is always entertaining.

I played this time because I am unsure how many times we will be playing in the future at this place. My friend is looking at selling his place and we are unsure if he will even be staying in Michigan. This makes me sad. He is a great friend and I will miss him a lot. No, not in a gay way, but in a good friend who has tried to kill me more times than I can count way.

My other buddies are having problems with getting enough people to play D&D every Friday night. This also makes me sad, as they are awesome fellows. They are intelligent, well learned (even though they all went to BCW...) and fun to be around. We don't share a lot of the same views in politics, religion, or anything else, but that doesn't matter. They are good people and I am proud to be their friend. I kind of wish that I could be there every week, early, with beer and chips, and my best game on. Unfortunately, with the money issues that we are having, I can't do this. I am lucky to be there once a month. This doesn't help them at all. The thing about D&D is it really helps if you have more than 3 people there. Otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose.
Well, the only way I can solve all these problems is win the lotto. Since that's not most likely never going to happen, I am unsure of what to do.
Arrgh!

Well, at least it's nice out today...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's not nice to speak ill of BCW grads....

they have ninjas on retainer just waiting to pounce.

kb

Anonymous said...

don't worry about the ninjas unless u drive near a corn field..plus u can see them coming anyway cause thier forced to wear brown and yellow and not black....

Blog Archive